Monday, July 7, 2014

In the Presence of God


Today, especially, I don't feel like blogging. I've had a rough week with breastfeeding. After looking up yet MORE videos, I have found that I am already doing everything I can. So, now I wait. I continue feeding my kiddo and just wait to see if my supply keeps up and if he is ever going to get enough. If not - it isn't the end of the world. There is only so much emotional and mental strength. Though fear not, I am praying for more of it daily. ** Edit - this blog took several days to write, and I'm thankful it did. I gained more information, and I still didn't feel like blogging. That, of course, changed the moment I began typing about what I've learned. **

"God's presence can be sought, but it can't be planned, because it's not of man." I can sit here for 30 days and follow all of my rules and procedures, but His presence is not going to come how I think or want. Lo and behold, I wait until Sunday rolls around before I can get to this blog, and it happens to be on the presence of God. I really shouldn't be shocked...but I am kind of mystified.

Here is this Sunday's sermon for those so inclined.


I will say I didn't prefer the presentation of this topic, but did enjoy the topic immensely. I appreciated the notion that God's presence is his Holy Spirit, both from this sermon, AND from my bible study lesson. I am being showered with information about how I am already experiencing the precense of God - in numerous ways! Now I need to become keenly aware of his power when I feel His presence. I should be weighed down with the feeling that someone with the power to move Heaven and Earth (and He has) is allowing me to feel Him, and communicate with Him.

This communication comes from the Holy Spirit, which of course I've known (that's the head knowledge I was talking about) my whole life. But I have indeed felt the Holy Spirit's guidance. The most recent occurence was the sermon telling me I need live a life that is compelling to others. ;) So, I receive communication from the Holy Spirit, which works for me! My issue has always, and still is, been the part where I communicate with God. It seems a little insane to "pray without ceasing" (I Thessalonians 5:17) when He already knows ABSOLUTELY everything that has happened, and everything that will happen in the future. What's the point?



The answer, my friends, lies in the coffee! Coffee is generally associated with conversations and time spent on relationships with others. The prayer is for me. It's for me to feel close to God, and like He is someone who cares about even the smallest crappy things in my life. It's so that when the Holy Spirit does speak to me or convict me, I will associate it with the conversations I've had, and begin to feel that relational connection with God. A process where I talk, He listens, and answers. Yes, this is all information I already knew, and perhaps you do, too. But it's information that I'm seeing and "feeling" differently.

This journey is lighting up parts of the path that I've already been over hundreds of times, but have yet to really see. Now, excuse me while I go grab myself a cup of coffee and a conversation with my friend, my counselor, my Savior - Jesus Christ.

Till next time,
Heather

No comments: