Monday, February 1, 2010

Point to Joy!

So....church on Sunday was absolutely great! The music was fabulous and the sermon, of course, was very very informative! (I know that sounded boring but I can't find another synonym at the moment) Pastor Chris has a great way of relating to his audience and I find myself learning something every week. Thinking about it, that's how church is supposed to be, yes? Anyway, throughout our study in Revelation this week, he was mentioning that the Book of Life was written before the foundation of the world. Well, Doubting Thomas that I am, I had a question: If the Book of Life was written before the foundation of the world, that means all those who are Christians were destined no matter what. Therefore, why is it MY responsibility to teach and preach the Word of God? Someone else will do it...or they'll figure it out on their own right? Since they're destined and all.... I asked a few of my close friends at church, including our Youth Pastor and received this: Because that's how God chose to do it. He chose to use His followers as guides to lead others to him. He also mentioned that "if God's going to do His will anyway, what's the point of prayer?" Because He chose to fulfill His will through the prayers of His people. This was sooo enlightening to me! I have never heard it explained that way and it makes perfect sense. I'm not just blindly following what Christ says(though that IS what I should be doing, no questions asked...but I'm just not like that), there is a purpose. This is how He chose to carry out His world. We are to be His messengers, and His Will will be fulfilled through our prayers. Seriously, you all must be staring blankly, thinking, yes...and..... Lol. This was great news to me and gives me so much joy to know that there IS a point to it all!




Speaking of Joy, that's something else I'm working on. I'm not always happy with circumstances, but I must learn to be joyful in every trial. "Count it all joy my brethren, when you fall into various trials and temptations" James 1:2.
This new info I received made me feel JOY! Now that I know what joy feels like...I can work at it better.
What have you learned about your Savior lately?

No comments: